Connecting to eduroam
These instructions are written to be used with Safari. If you are using any other browser you may experience issues.
Depending on your version of Mac OS X, you will need to download one of the following files. If you are not sure which version you have, first click the Apple icon at the top left, then select About This Mac. The version number will be listed.
- Click the relevant link for your version of Mac OS X above. The file will automatically download and open.
- Click Continue.
- A screen will appear. Enter your username and password.
- Students: Your username will be in the form firstname.lastname@example.org, e.g. email@example.com.
- Staff: Your username will be the same as your email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT use your short login username, as it will not work.
Now you need to remove the Eduroam Help wireless network, otherwise it will always try and connect.
- Click the wireless icon at the top of the screen, then click on Open Network Preferences.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is selected on the left, then click Advanced... at the bottom right.
- Click on Eduroam Help in the list, then click the Minus (-) button at the bottom to delete it.
- Click OK, then Apply.
- Click the wireless Icon at the top of the screen, then click on eduroam. It should automatically connect.